The CVJM-Landesverband Baden e.V. is the association of 67 local YMCA -groups in Baden. From Wertheim in the north via Mannheim in the north-west down to Lörrach in the south as well as Singen a.H. in the south-east more than 10.000 members and participants belong to the CVJM Baden.
As the “Christlicher Verein Junger Menschen (CVJM)”/“Young Men’s Christian Association (YMCA)“ we are committed to the interests of children and adolescents and offer a wide variety of activities for them.
Programmes for young kids and scouts, youth church services, training and educational offers, a broad recreational programme and camps are only a fraction of the numerous activities we offer in the YMCA. Next to experiencing fun and community it is important to us to strengthen, deepen and newly discover the belief in Jesus Christ. Our entire work is done along the guidelines of the YMCA Germany.
The principles that have guided the worldwide YMCA from its beginnings are the principles we also view as our task in the CVJM Baden:
- We create spaces in which children and adolescents can develop their individual personality and engage with each other.
- We offer young people possibilities to create life jointly.
- We train young people to offer qualified youth work.
- We aim for young people to gain life perspectives and visions for the future.
We advocate for young people, because we are convinced that the encounter with Jesus Christ changes lives.
The CVJM Baden ...
- employs more than 50 full-time and part-time workers
- has its centre in the „Schloss Unteroewisheim“ near Bruchsal
- is connected to the Evangelische Landeskirche Baden
- is member of the CVJM-Gesamtverband in Deutschland e.V. and thus part of the biggest christian-ecomenic youth organization in Germany
- is engaged in partnership and relations with YMCAs in different countries and regions
- is part of the worldwide YMCA-movement